SEO is everything about boosting search engine rankings of your site. The goal is to enhance the visibility of your business online in order to attract targeted visitors to your websites. The year 2015 was not smooth for the SEO sector, mainly because of the algorithm updates from Google, namely Panda and Penguin updates. While inbound links and content quality play the major role in search engine rankings, there also are other aspects that will impact the SEO success in 2016.
Subtle changes for 2016
Till now, SEO concentrated more on getting noticed by search engines. That is the technical part. What about the end users? The search engines will not invest in your goods and services – It is the customers who will. This shows that you will have to focus on offering great UX (user experience) along with catching the attention of search engines. Now, it is time to think about UX optimization, along with search engine optimization.
What is user experience or UX?
Factors like site structure, navigation friendly pages, quality content, speedy loading, mobile compatibility, customer support, and value addition are necessary for enhancing user experiences. It is a delicate but an effective change. Instead of taking a clear cut technical approach towards SEO, you will have to provide valuable information and content to the users.
As far as title tags, image optimization, good descriptions, keyword research, keyword density, and link-building go, they are all technical aspects. If done accurately, your efforts will certainly help your business grow. Of course, you can not let down your guard on technical aspects.
SEO tricks that will never fail are:
Content Creation – To build your link profile, you need to focus on creating quality articles instead of churning poor quality articles. The information must be valuable to your customers, so that they get a better understanding on how your business can help their needs. Consequently, you will attain more links and overall search benefits. Giving priority to the customer is a wise long-term strategy, which will help you build good relationships with customers.
Follow these specifications to attract traffic:
- Content has to be genuine.
- Post articles regularly.
- Never copy from other sites.
- Write content according to tastes of your visitors.
- Write articles that are related to your product or services.
- Always write articles that have more than 400 words.
Heading tag – Heading tags assist the search engines to understand the information on the web page. The h1 tag is vital page header, and it must be almost related to page title, and it should contain the most significant keywords. The heading tags must be placed in ascending order that is h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6. There must be only one h1 on each webpage, whereas the others are sub-headings. These sub-headings must be thematically linked to h1.
Diversify anchor-text – Anchor text is a valuable tool for SEO, but only if used appropriately.
Here are quick tips on usage of anchor text links:
- If anchors to home page are overdone, it might not yield the desired results. Create backlinks to other important pages too.
- Avoid using exact matching keywords as anchors in all places. Use variations instead.
- Use variations in the keywords used on onsite content and offsite content.
Poorly written articles and stuffing of branded keywords will surely be flagged as spam by search engines. Increase branded anchor links. Guest posting directs traffic and even builds anchor text links. Usually, links will appear at the end in your bio.
The context must be relevant to your goods and products. For example, if the blog is about food and drink then a link from computer technology site is not appropriate. Conversely speaking, a link from health and fitness may be suitable.
Spread back-links – Submission to article directories, RSS directories, Social bookmarking sites, Press release, and social networking sites is vital. In addition, you can also take advantage of diversifying your links regularly using certain tactics to crush your competitors
- Google credits backlinks from .gov and .edu in addition to .net and .com.
- Google ignores links from a single IP address. Easy way to locate different IP sites is to use forum platforms that create diverse IP.
- Location diversity is also overlooked. Getting links from different countries adds leverage to your backlinks on search engine rankings.
- Incoming links from sites with high page rank is beneficial, but blacklisted site will damage your ranking. Therefore stay away from adult entertainment and gambling sites.
In this way, you will be getting quality links manually instead of paying for links. Focus on providing excellent content and diversifying your sources. Consequently, you are sure to get good and profitable traffic by providing good user experience to customers.
The author is a professional SEO expert, and he has been helping his clients achieve better page rankings on their business websites. He has an excellent track record with many successful online marketing campaigns.