Free Google Tools for Webmasters
Google Webmaster Central only requires you to:
Register with Google if you have not already
- Verify your sites you want to analyze with this service
- Once registered you will have full access to all of the free Google Tools for Webmasters. The Tools they offer are outstanding and invaluable to the webmaster!
Free Google Tools for Webmasters at Google Webmaster Central:
– Sitemaps – Allows you to submit/review Google XML sitemaps and their status.
– Crawler Acess – Test or create your Robot.rxt file or remove a URL
– Sitelinks – View Google auto-generated links to interior pages of your site
– Change of Address – Used to inform Google when moving a site to a new domain
– Settings – Set Geographic target, choose to use www for domain URL, set crawl rate
– Search Queries – Statistical & Graphic Information for queries & pages of site
– Links to your Site – Get info on Google Backlinks to your site with in-depth detail!
– Keywords – Breakdown on keywords identified by Google when crawling your site
– Internal Links – Breakdown of internal links identified by Google bots
– Subscriber Stats – Google Reader RSS subscriptions to your site
– Malware – Google tells you if any Malware has been found on your site
– Crawl Errors – Identifies errors found when Google Crawled your site
– Crawl Stats – Gives you graphs showing Google Crawl activity on your site
– HTML Suggestions – Identifies Problems in Meta Desc., Title Tags, & content
– Fetch Googlebot – Send a Googlebot to any page of your site and see the results
– Site Performance – Performance stats on page load times & tools to speed it up
– Video Sitemaps – Very useful for video users with video sitemaps generated
Google Webmaster Central offer an outstanding selection of Google Tools for Webmasters to use to identify problems with your site and to give you details you have always wanted to know and did not know how to get the answers.
You will find by logging into Webmaster Central and verifying your ownership of the web sites you have Google actually becomes very friendly and offers you a tremendous set of free affiliate marketing resources and tools for you to use!
The list of inbound links on Google Webmaster Tools
The list of inbound links on Google Webmaster Tools is generally much larger than the list of inbound links that can be discovered using the link:somewebsite.com search query on Google itself. Google is tight lipped about the discrepancy. The list on Google Webmaster Tools includes nofollow links that do not convey search engine optimization authority to the linked site. On the other hand, the list of links generated with a link:somewebsite.com type query are deemed by Google to be “important” links in a controversial way. Google Webmaster Tools, as well as the Google index, seems to routinely ignore link spam.